Zero waste is a hot topic, but we’d rather talk about being responsible in every making and selling process. Be responsible to the clients, for our products and to the environment, a step towards eco-living :
A. To the clients
- All soap formulas are assessed for security to the European standard.
- The soaps are made in a purposely built workshop.
- We use ingredients from renowned suppliers in Europe.
B. To the Environment and the next generations. We endeavour to reduce undesirable wastes generated in the soap-making process :
If we use 5 mins of 1,5kW heater, and 5 mins of 400W blender to make 5kg of soap, my energy consumption will be :
(1500 + 400)Watt / 60 x 5 = 158,3 Watt/5kg of soap
or 31,65Watt per kg of soap
equivalent to using a hair dryer for 10 mins.
- (Above example) Minimal energy consumption in soap making as it is hand making process with minimum essential tools: Soap making process is mostly by hand, but some energy is still needed to melt the butters, for example.
- All the fats are saponified by the carefully calculated amount of lye solution. No excess lye ends in drainage and natural soap molecules are bio-degradable. No undecomposable or harmful chemicals is drained away from my workshop sink nor your bath/shower room.
- Natural soap molecules are easily rinsed off with less water than detergents (soaps not made with saponification process). Your skin suffer less from hard water and you save a lot of water by using natural soaps.
- Ingredients are ordered in a just-in-time manner and bought at the largest possible packaging size to reduce unneeded packaging.
- Containers are cleaned and returned to recycle parks. Our recyclable food grade soap packaging box is made in France.
- The accessories are designed, tried out and made in Brussels from materials meant to be used for a long time.
- As much as possible, paper wrapping is used in the packaging.
Article by KA LAB