Which beers are used in LBE soaps?
Belgian beer is used in LBE beer soaps, which are formulated with two considerations :
- beer – determines the soap attributes (scent, colour, additives and sometimes the name)
- oil composition – determines for which skin type the soap is made for (see blog article ‘ingredients’)
If you want to turn your favourite beer or home brew into soaps, contact us. 1 bottle of 25cl or 33cl can give 1-3 kg of soap.
There are many ways to categorise a beer; LBE uses currently 4 criteria to select beers used in our soaps.
- Light / blonde / white / ambrée (light in colour, SRM* 1 <=20) – Essentials E soaps
- Dark / brune (darker in colour, SRM up to 40) – Sudoras soaps
- Lambic / fruité (addition of fruit or other flavor) – Fruitas soaps.
- Winter beer – usually brewed for winter / Christmas seasons – Vintas soaps (Coming soon in 2021/2 …)
|Essentials E||Leffe, Duvel, |
|Essentials E | Houblon||Westmalle Tripel|
|Essentials E | Double beer||La Schaerbeekoise, Eizelskop Schoerebeik, Bavik Stout, Hoegaarden|
|Essentials E | 50g||Jupiler|
|Sudoras Day||Trappist Rochefort|
|Sudoras Night||Chimay Bleue|
|Fruitas Griotte||Morte Subite /|
|Fruitas Limonado||Maes Radler|
|Fruitas Pomme||Lindemans Apple|
|Shampoo bar||Karmeliet Tripel|
*SRM refers to Standard Reference Method, a color scale from 1-40 to indicate the colour of beers.